Local News Links:... .........................

Friday 16 February 2018

Now in the Winnipeg Real Estate News!

http://online.fliphtml5.com/gtvl/vxhh/?1518714255381#p=8

Starting today, I will be appearing in the Winnipeg Real Estate News! 

Bruce Cherney, the long-time editor and author of its “Heritage Highlights” column, is retiring. The Winnipeg Real Estate Board didn’t want to lose that heritage connection, so they approached me to help out. 

My work will be different than what Bruce did or what I currently do for the Free Press. Instead of a long-form stories, I will choose three buildings or other landmarks within one of that edition’s feature neighbourhoods and write a short history on each of them. 

It starts this week with some familiar places in Old St. Vital

As time goes on, and it gets warm enough to stroll around with a camera, I will get more off the beaten track.  

Also, in this edition check out Todd Lewys’ story about St. Boniface architecture on page one and the last of Bruce Cherney’s 6 piece series about the history of Winnipeg’s city halls on page 4.

No comments: